Ratified on July 17, 2020 by the Secretary, By-Laws & Amendments Coordinator, and Chairman. A copy of the signed document is available upon request.
Article I. NAME
This organization shall be known as the SIKH FOUNDATION OF VIRGINIA (SFV), located at 7250 Ox Road, Fairfax Station, VA 22039.
Article II. OBJECTIVES
- The objectives of SFV are:
- to propagate the teachings of Sikh Gurus and Guru Granth Sahib;
- to promote religious, educational, social, and cultural aspects of Sikhism;
- to hold congregations regularly and to partake in celebrating Gurpurbs and other specific occasions related to the teachings of Sikh Gurus and Guru Granth Sahib in a befitting manner;
- to establish and maintain a Gurdwara Sahib (Sikh Place of Worship) in Northern Virginia; and
- to coordinate activities with other Sikh Institutions.
- The SFV is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, scientific, and educational purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of contributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law).
Article III. NET EARNINGS and ACTIVITIES
No part of the net earnings of SFV shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, trustees, officers, or other private person(s), except that the SFV shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set forth in Article II thereof. No substantial part of the activities of SFV shall be the carrying on of propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the SFV shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office. Notwithstanding any other provisions of these articles, the SFV shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (a) by an organization exempt from Federal Income tax under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law), or (b) by an organization, contributions to which are deductible under section 170 (c) (2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law).
Article IV. DECISION
The decision of the Board of Trustees and the General Body shall be considered final and binding and shall not be subject to review by any outside judicial, administrative or ecclesiastical body.
Article V. DISSOLUTION
Upon the dissolution of SFV, the Board of Trustees shall, after paying or making provision for payment of all liabilities of SFV, dispose off all the assets of SFV exclusively for the purpose of SFV in such manner, or to such organization or organizations organized and operated exclusively for charitable, educational, religious or scientific purposes as at the same time shall qualify as an exempt organization or organization under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law), as the Board of Trustees shall determine. Any such assets not so disposed off, shall be disposed off by the Circuit Court of the County in which the principal office of SFV is then located, exclusively for such purposes or to such organization or organizations, as said Court shall determine, which are organized and operated exclusively for such purposes.
Date: July 17, 2020
Sarbjit Singh Kochhar
Amarjit Singh Riat
Surjit Singh Sidhu